Thursday, June 4, 2015

Letter to My Daughter: Why I Can't Call Caitlyn Jenner a Hero

I gotta hand it to the Millennials. You're living in an age of unprecedented acceptance of many people; things like race, culture, sexual orientation and disabilities don't phase you like they did past generations. You also tend to have strong morals and understand the nuances of many tough issues like no other generation in history. And not only do you understand them; you are willing to stand up for your beliefs and defend others.
I think my generation, GenX, were the lab rats. We were taught from a really young age that gender and race and disabilities don't matter. It was a little tough for us because our parents and grandparents still used racial and cultural slurs, and it was, and still is, kinda tough to keep up with all the new terms for the disabled and those in the LGBT community.
But let's talk about Bruce Jenner. And yes, I do mean BRUCE Jenner.
Here is a man who, for decades, lived a life of deceit. 
Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment