Sunday, August 9, 2015

Why I Kept The Baby, Even Though It Wasn't The Smart Thing To Do

My friends were amazed when I became a parent.  Amazed that I went through with the pregnancies and amazed that I chose to be a full-time mom; to say they were "amazed" that I had more than one child, especially, would be an understatement.  I think it's because I was - and, okay, probably still am - obstinate to the point of being obnoxious, opinionated to the point of being annoying and principled to the point of being unpleasant.  Independent to a fault.

5 Nikitsky Pereulok, Moscow. One of the choicest addresses in Moscow. I spent more time here than I did at home, and I loved every minute of it.

To me, abortion is one of those horrific and disgusting things that modern society has decided to justify through ignorance.  Yes, there are instances in which it is necessary, but the vast majority of abortions are not performed out of necessity.  And just as some children think that meat is a vague notion that only exists in its end form of hamburgers or bacon - or on a shrink-wrapped styrofoam plate in a section of the grocery store - people seem to think that if they just don't know what abortion entails, then they will allow it.  

The recent Planned Parenthood debacle has forced many people to pick a side; I see that even some staunch pro-choicers are coming to terms with abortion being a wholly unpleasant and unfortunate necessity, but abhorrent nonetheless.   What bothers me most, though, are those women who still - even after watching a Planned Parenthood tech push a fetal brain around a petri dish with a stick - justify having an abortion because of everything they would have to sacrifice in order to keep that child.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment